Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gender Reveal!

When I first told her I was expecting, my friend Kelly sent me a link of this fabulous Gender Reveal Party giving me the idea to do something similar. So when we found out the gender of our little one in December, we had a mini Gender Reveal Party of our own! It was nowhere near as fabulous as this one, but it was tons of fun!

As our family members arrived, we had a raffle. Everyone had to make a guess - boy or girl - and after the announcement we drew a name for a prize. Then I baked a cake, which I filled with colored frosting. So everyone found out the baby's gender at the same time - when my Grandmother cut the cake! Here are a few snapshots...



And the BIG REVEAL...

It's a BOY!!


This was such a fun way to share the news with our family, I'm so glad we decided to do it! We are excited to welcome our little boy - who will be named Jack! - into the World this Spring!


4 comments:

paula said...

what fun! congratulations.

VanessasRunway said...

Such a lovely idea! How awesome! Congrats! :)

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Hehe I love the cake idea.

Unknown said...

awwwww that's adorable!!!!! jack is one of my favorite names too. congrats congrats, so exciting!!