Friday, July 17, 2009

What are you grateful for?

So, I like to read Jason Mraz’s blog Freshness Factor Five Thousand.

Today he posed the question “What are you grateful for?”

I’m grateful for so many things… but I’ll start with 5:

1- Hubby… the best friend & guy a girl can find. I told him this weekend he was my glue. This, I think, is a good way to sum up all of what he is. He’s the glue that keeps it all together and working. He’s also my best friend.

2- My job. I probably won’t get into great detail about what I do here, but to sum it up – I’m blessed. I get to work with kids aged 14-20 who are exceptionally talented and basically remarkable. Not to mention the fabulous team of staff members that I get to work with each day. Lots of fun is had here, let alone the inspiration that comes from watching teenagers pursue their dreams.

3- NYC. I get to live in the greatest city in the World (in my humble opinion). I love living in NYC and can’t imagine life anywhere else. I live between the Hudson River and Central Park and have the option each morning of taking my dog for a walk along the river or through the Park. What a life!

4- My family. I am born & bread here in the NY Metro area. I have a big, crazy family and I couldn’t imagine anything better. Much of my family live in the Metro Area still, although some have ventured away. I tried to be one of the wanderers, but realized after 2 years that I couldn’t bear to be anywhere but NY. Someday I’ll tell you more about those adventurers… But I love being around my family, especially my sister and cousins! I also have the best in-laws imaginable, and I love being with that side of my family as well. What can I say, I’m a lucky girl!

5- Friends. I have some of the best friends I could ever dream up. Friends who now live all around the country. They each bring something wonderful to my life.

So now I ask… what are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on number 3. NYC is the best place to live in!